Voice services with increased quality and reduced cost
SIP trunking offers businesses a more flexible, resilient, scalable and cost efficient way to connect PBXs to the voice network compared to using ISDN. Exponential-e’s SIP trunking service does more than just provide basic voice. Using our advanced Voice Services Platform and resilient core Network we provide high quality voice calls and additional resilience, load balancing, call queuing and disaster recovery features.
|High quality voice calls with flexibility, resilience and scalability.|
|Disaster Recovery (DR) Call Routing.|
|Resilient SIP Channel.|
|Fax to Email.|
What is SIP Trunking?
- SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) which is a signalling communications protocol, widely used for controlling multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
- SIP is supported by a wide range of PBXs and is an alternative to traditional ISDN links.
- SIP Trunking is Exponential-e’s product to offer SIP connectivity to businesses with PBXs, and builds on Exponential-e’s resilient and secure core Network.
- High quality voice calls - vital for any voice service, voice quality is maintained by Exponential-e’s advanced core network that eliminates the effects of jitter, latency and packet.
- Flexible - Can quickly scale up and down to meet your changing business requirements.
- Controllable - Calls can be quickly re-routed when required, enabling your business to react to events.
- Powerful - Can be combined with additional resilience, load balancing, call queuing and disaster recovery features.
- Economic - SIP trunks have a much lower cost per channel compared to typical ISDN30 links.
- Resilient - SIP calls benefit from Exponential-e’s resilient core network so they’re always there for you.
Business Benefit Examples
SIP trunks aren’t just a piece of technology - they offer real business benefits. Here are some examples:
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- What happens if your office is affected by flood or fire?
- If you have ISDN connections it can take some time to reroute calls during which time your business is disrupted. With Exponential-e’s SIP trunks calls can be instantly rerouted by alternative destinations selected by you. This can be to another office or several locations based on the destination department (e.g. sales, service). SIP Trunks are therefore a powerful business continuity tool.
Handle PBX failures gracefully
- What happens if one of your PBXs fails?
- To avoid business disruption with ISDN links this requires having spare ISDN links lying idle until they are required. Using Exponential-e SIP Trunks and the Resilient SIP Channel feature calls can be switched away from the faulty PBX to the working PBX instantly and more economically than using ISDN trunks.
Auto attendant for efficient call handling
- Could your business benefit from an auto-attendant but your PBX doesn’t support it?
- With Exponential-e’s SIP trunking and Call Queuing option you can provide options to callers so calls are routed to the correct department, increasing caller satisfaction and reducing time taken handling misrouted calls.
Flexibility to cope with seasonal traffic patterns
- Do your traffic patterns change depending on the time of year?
- As ISDN links can take weeks to install it can be difficult to support short term promotions without having over-capacity and thus idle links outside of peak periods. With Exponential-e’s SIP Trunks extra capacity can be added very quickly and can then be removed if no longer required, increasing your businesses’ flexibility and efficiency.
Office moves made easy
- Worried about losing your numbers when moving or consolidating offices?
- Using Exponential-e’s SIP Trunking service means we can ensure you keep your existing numbers when you move offices, wherever you move to. The changeover is fast and seamless and avoids the delays and expense associated with adding new ISDN connections.
Only buy what you need
- Unlike ISDN trunks that have to be purchased in groups of 30 SIP trunks can be bought singly so ensuring you only need buy what you need.
Convert Faxes to email
- Does your business need to handle faxes easily?
- Exponential-e’s SIP trunking and Fax to email option enables fax calls to be converted to email.
Why Choose Exponential-e?
Exponential-e’s SIP Trunking service is delivered from our carrier grade Voice Services Platform and resilient core Network which together eliminate the effects of jitter, latency and packet loss to provide high quality voice calls. Exponential-e’s advanced core network enables SIP-Trunking to be securely delivered over a multi-service connection thereby reducing Network and service deployment costs.
It is possible to add following features not available with ‘dial-tone only’ SIP Trunking as follows:
- DDI Divert automatically diverts incoming calls to individual DDI (Direct Dial In) numbers to alternative destinations in the event of PBX or circuit failure or overflow.
- Resilient SIP Channel provides two separate connections from the Voice Services Platform to two PBXs in the same cluster and distributes inbound calls to the PBXs using ‘round robin’ or ‘active / standby’ rules.
- Call Queueing uses an Auto-Attendant function on the Voice Services Platform to automatically greet, queue and direct calls to an appropriate destination based on user input.
Exponential-e SIP Trunks Interwork with PBXs from the following suppliers. Contact us for more details.