Web-based monitoring and control of your application traffic
Applications are playing an increasingly important role in the success of today’s businesses. Bandwidth Management allows companies to stay in control by enabling IT teams to track and manage the performance of their key business applications.
|Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management Portal is web-based and eliminates the need for expensive investment and support in physical devices.|
|Traffic can be re-prioritised by application type, traffic type or even time of day.|
Implementing traditional Bandwidth Management solutions often requires complex and costly on-site appliances, which can be a strain on IT departments with limited resources - making it unaffordable for many.
Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management Portal is web-based and eliminates the need for expensive investment and support in physical devices.
- Built into the core of our Network solutions, it is easy to manage and maintain.
- As a web-based portal, reports can be accessed from anywhere and changes made at the touch of a button.
- Over 95% of applications can be monitored.
Prioritising and Control
With usage patterns varying greatly from day-to-day and even hour-to-hour, organisations need to prioritise traffic from business-critical applications, to ensure a high-quality end-user experience. Traffic can be re-prioritised by application type, traffic type or even time of day.
Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management Portal allows organisations to:
- Quickly and simply improve the performance of essential applications.
- Manage the performance of applications across the Network.
- Generate an inventory of all applications and protocols running across the Network.
- Facilitate application SLAs in relation to key business priorities.
- Measure the volume of traffic being generated from each application.
With Exponential-e’s customisable Bandwidth Management portal you’re in control. Our Bandwidth Management Portal allows you to:
- Access reports from remote locations.
- Make instant changes.
- Rate-limit non-essential applications and even block inappropriate applications.
- Easily identify and manage application data traffic.
- Automatically categorise applications into groups: web applications, real-time applications, mail, non-critical applications and business services.
Continuous Monitoring and Research into Identifying Application Changes
As popular peer-to-peer file sharing applications continue to change and evolve our dedicated team of Network and application experts are focused on continuously updating the portal with additional applications and updating existing application signatures - giving you peace of mind.
The reporting capability includes the ability to:
- Build an application inventory.
- Compile reports of resource-consuming applications or sites.
- Identify level of application traffic and relative mix by site.
- Assess progress against baseline to manage capacity growth.
- Collate operational and performance data to build and articulate the business case for Network upgrades.
Bandwidth Management Features
Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management service offers businesses full control of their Networks with the ability to track and manage the performance of business applications. Features include:
- Application blocking.
- Application rate limiting.
- Self-service portal for real-time visibility.
- Reporting capability: snapshots and trend analysis.
- Application inventory: identification of active application usage.
- Web-based: no costly investments in physical appliances.
Bandwidth Management Benefits
The Bandwidth Management service enables organisations to operate more efficiently, make significant cost savings, gain a competitive advantage and much more:
- Prioritise traffic by application type or time of day. Uncover what known and unknown application traffic is using up your bandwidth.
- Improve end-user service experience by continuously monitoring and controlling application performance.
- Improve business agility with application control at your fingertips.
- Control spiralling costs of Network bandwidth upgrades, infrastructure and associated services.
- Avoid the burden of CPE based WAN management and optimisation technology.
- Monitor web applications, whether behind the firewall, customer-facing, or Cloud-based.
- Significant cost savings of web-based service over appliance based equivalents.