IaaS - Virtual Data Centre
Super Hybrid Cloud - Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Exponential-e’s Virtual Data Centre (VDC) service is a virtual Networked infrastructure providing virtual storage and server resources for businesses all accessed via a secure portal. The service enables businesses to roll-out on-demand hosting, storage and computing resulting in the creation of their own private Clouds.
|Transfer the responsibility for your corporate IT infrastructure by moving to the Cloud. Our Virtual Data Centres relieve your concerns with: Power, Compute, Storage, Colocation, Network, Site security, Cooling, Protection against natural disasters.|
|Connect to uncontended 100M/1G or 10G enterprise-class VPLS. With bandwidth control and management of all applications and services.|
|The Virtual Data Centre sits on your LAN, on the clean side of your firewall. IP and subnet addresses maintained. Data security & privacy issues resolved.|
VDC serves as an extension of an organisation’s IT operations as it integrates seamlessly into existing infrastructure with fibre connectivity over Exponential-e’s carrier-class Network.
VDC designed for high-availability, reliability and Business Continuity
The Exponential-e VDC service is hosted in three geographically diverse UK Data Centres. We can replicate customers’ services from one site to another over our carrier-class Network with dedicated connectivity.
The VDC: putting Cloud estate configuration at your finger tips
Exponential-e’s VDC is designed for customers to manage their virtual estates at the touch of a button. Configuration, real-time changes, capacity and pooling of resources can all be done on-demand via our secure Cloud portal.
The VDC service which is built on a robust Network
We don’t refer you to a third party for your connectivity to your virtual environment. High-bandwidth and highly-reliable fibre connectivity is delivered over our own carrier-class Network.
IaaS - Virtual Data Centre Features
- Enterprise level hardware and virtualisation software.
- Geographically diverse locations (UK based) in Tier III Data Centres.
- Automation with self-service portal.
- Monitoring and management of servers available: resources (CPU, memory, disk), network, application.
- Microsoft Operating System licenses included.
- Supports following Operating Systems: Windows – 2003 sp2*, 2008 r1&2, 2012, Linux – Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos.
- Flexible billing: fixed, PAYG/consumption-based.
- Service Levels: standard Infrastructure 99.9%, Replicated 99.99% and High-Availability 99.9999%.
- 24 / 7 x 365 service support.
- Resiliency: hardware resiliency as standard and 5 minute RPO and 5 minute RTO available.
- Flexible connectivity: Layer 2 (stretched VLAN), Layer 3 with VPLS, Internet Connectivity, load balancing options.
- Microsoft Clustering Supported.
- Storage: auto-tiering storage, Tier 1: fibre channel with fast cache, Tier 2: Sata based and NAS storage.
- HP Cloud matrix architecture.
- EMC VNX Storage.
- VMware 5.1 Hypervisor.
- Leading Orchestration portal.
- Automated billing platform.
IaaS - Virtual Data Centre Benefits
Our Virtual Data Centre service provides benefits impacting both your strategic objectives and your business operations:
- Never worry about infrastructure, upgrading, patching or management again.
- Increased business agility with automation and faster time to deployment.
- Increased resilience over traditional server technology, enhanced further with additional locations.
- Create, modify and tear down machines at the touch of a button in real-time.
- Reduce CapEx compared with traditional infrastructure – no physical hardware investment.
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership by flexing infrastructure spending.
- Improved resiliency for online businesses.
- Improved Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Faster response times to external factors impacting your business performance.